Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week 8: Field Experience Reflection

1. I completed a total of 10 field experience hours.

2. I spent my time during my field experience interviewing my school's librarian, implementing a lesson while being observed by a colleague, and observing a veteran 8th grade reading/literature teacher.

3. I truly value my field experience because it is a time when I can reflect as an educator.  The field experience allows me to "...reflect on and evaluate teaching and learning," as stated in Standard 7 of the Kentucky Teacher Standards.  I am given the opportunity to work with my colleagues to evaluate my performance so that I can give my students the best of what I have to offer them.

4. Perhaps the most important thing I learned from my field experience is the importance of self-evaluation.  Without the act of reflection, I cannot learn from my mistakes or missteps in the classroom.  As I tell my students often, it is okay to make mistakes but it is not okay to repeat them.  I learn from the mistakes I make and that it what I learned most from my time observing, implementing, and interviewing educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment